So in an effort to forgive PS3 owners of the month of downtime, Sony is releasing a "Welcome Back Package" to those who still kept their PS3 systems. It will available to download as soon as PS Store is back online on May 24th. The North American package includes your choice of two of the five full games:
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
And for PSP owners, they'll have the choice of the following two of five full games:
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
After 30 days of PS store being back online, gamers will not be able to download these titles anymore. So act quickly! In addition to the full downloads, you'll also get:
- A free selection of "On Us" rental movie titles over one weekend.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non-PSN Plus members
- Existing PSN Plus subscribers will receive 60 days of subscription
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an extra 30 days of premium subscription
- Additional 30 days plus time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic
- Users of Home will receive 100 free virtual items.
The European version of the Welcome Back Package has Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty instead of Super Stardust HD. The German market has Hustle Kings instead of Dead Nation, and Everybody's Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party instead of Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation for the PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not have online play.
What do you think? Is this a fair compensation? Perhaps not for the most loyal PS3 owners, but I haven't played any the games they're offering, so I'm happy with it.
Image Source: http://lacedwithgrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/gift.jpg